Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Starting Off Project Week Three: Foundation


I cannot believe it's week three of #theSOproject already! I didn't post last week as I'm not really big on concealer - I know, right? - but if you'd like to read my introductory post or my post from week one then feel free! 

This week we're on foundation, designed to even out skin tone (and that does include those pesky red areas), cover up blemishes and hide imperfections such as scars or dark circles.
There is a particular bottle of liquid heaven that I have been loyal to for around two years now - Collection's Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Foundation. Cheap and cheerful, yet does give that ghostly look in flash photography that is common in pretty much anything with an SPF in. If you have found an SPF that doesn't have this effect then please share! I apply this first with my fingers, blending out and down, then if necessary use a larger brush to buff it out a little more - the Real Techniques Buffing Brush is perfect for this.
As I do sometimes suffer with an oily face, particularly my cheeks, I set it with MUA's Matte Perfect Loose Powder. Although a little fiddly and messy this is absolutely perfect. Not cakey, it contends Soap and Glory's One Heck Of A Blot in the finely milled compartment. I simply dust this evenly all over my face and I'm done!

Foundation can be a little difficult, especially if you're not used to using it and getting the shade bang on can be daunting but don't be afraid to ask at the counter for a match! There is nothing that looks more ridiculous than the whole orange face/white neck thing and this is something to be avoided at all costs. In the early stages there is little point in worrying about things like finish and coverage - just get your head around the basics and you'll be fine!

Why not have a read of some other week three posts?
As always, if you're part of the SO project, send me the link to your post via Facebook, Twitter, Blog Comment or email and I'll display it here with your blog name.

No comments :

Post a Comment