Thursday 5 September 2013

The Review - Soap and Glory's Supercat Eyeliner Pen


I don't know about you guys, but when it comes to eyeliners and getting that perfect curved line and cat eye flick I've been searching for 'The One' since I was about 13. Crazy to think about but very true. And I can feel that I'm getting close. 

After recommendation upon recommendation I finally caved in and purchased Soap and Glory's answer to the questionable eyeliner pen. At £6, I wasn't exactly bursting my bank balance. Honestly, this thing isn't half bad. 

The colour of Supercat is unreal. It claims to be carbon black and it really is just that. When swatched on the back of the hand it doesn't appear to go grey, fade or go watery, it is just black. And within seconds the ink is dry and it takes a hell of a lot of elbow grease to shift this bad boy. The same goes for on the lid. Come armed with your best eye makeup removers and cotton pads, ladies, you're in for a bumpy ride. But wasn't longevity just what we've been searching for?

I must also praise application. Despite the years of practise I have under my belt, I still have a good old shakey hand and I'm very prone to smudging. It happens to the best of us. Supercat is so easy - create a lovely, barely-there fine line along your top lashes or build up for a more bold look. Keep your cotton buds close and you'll nail it. 

Although I am probably still a gel eyeliner convert when it comes to the whole look and art of application, they just don't compare to this in terms of longevity and smudging. There is never a fear of transferring an eyeliner shadow onto your brow bone with this product. Although not perfect, we're getting there. Finally.



4 comments :

  1. I have nominated you for a Liebster award
    Check out my blog post for details

    http://emilys-little-blog.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have already entered the Liebster award after a few others nominated me but I'll still have a read :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Great post-I love Soap&Glory and anything to do with eyeliners so I might have to have a little look for this when i'm next shopping. Lovely blog x x

    http://introducinglexi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing and so worth the price! Thank you very much doll :)

      xo

      Delete