Tuesday 3 September 2013

Have You Heard... August Guest Post

It's that time of the month again, everybody! Although it is a little late I guess. This months guest blogger, the lovely Kayleigh, has compiled a wonderful, music related post for you all to sink your teeth into. Don't forget, if you want to be involved and possibly grab yourself a spot guest blogging on here, just check out this post to find out more and apply!

 photo 405dac89-4e07-4c1b-ba3c-3a66f92ee204_zpse9914e09.jpg

Firstly I want to say thank you to Vickie for having me! This is my first ever guest post and one of my first posts for this new series I have started. Have You Heard is my musical outlet in which I introduce musicians, bands, genres that I’ve either recently discovered or been fond of for years, songs that get stuck in my head and albums that are worthy of a listen. There is no musical stone that I want to leave unturned.

So Have You Heard…Big When I Was Little

Chances are that you’ve heard this song quite a bit if you listen to the radio. It’s currently in the charts and is one catchy tune! Like Eliza Doolittle, I was a 90s kid and this song is very reminiscent of those years of growing up. She mentions cassettes, school reports, Super Nintendo, Malcolm in the Middle and all sorts that hit me with nostalgia.


I chose this song for my guest post because it made me think of things that were big when I was little (That photo is of little me – taking selfies before anyone else #hipster). Here is my list of things that were big when I was little:
* Since we are talking music – I loved S Club 7 (and juniors). I spent many an hour practising dance routines and singing along to these pop hits with friends. Blue were my favourite boy band, I am pretty sure I thought marrying Lee was a possibility…
* My first ever responsibility was my tamagotchi and I will modestly say, I was the best mum EVER! Okay, not so modest. I lied. To this day, I think I will be a great mummy. My Mummy CV would have my little electronic pet as my first on a long list of things I have looked after. My 8 year old brother James would be my most recent success.
* I thought Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were perfect together. I couldn’t believe it when they broke up and I almost gave up on the idea of love. I was quite a dramatic child, you see and with Disney and fairy tales giving me this ideal of a happy ending – I got a bit confused. Then again I heard that you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince (no offence Justin).
* I have a large collection of hair accessorises. My favourite of which were my butterfly clips – I had a multitude of colours to go with different outfits. Yes, I co-ordinated from a young age.
* I have notebooks FULL of silly games I would play with my friends. We would write our names with a boys, who we fancied and do some mathematical magic to determine the success rate of this (not) potential relationship. Do you remember MASH? It was a game that we all assumed told us the future. It lied to us – I’m not married to Lee Ryan and we don’t live in a shed with our pet dragon.

I will stop there even though there are a million and one things I could bring up from my childhood. Thank you Eliza Doolittle for making this playful tune and letting me relive some very pleasant memories. You can find the music video here http://youtu.be/XqGx1lfyb6s. Once more I’d like to thank Vickie for letting me share all this with you. There are more musical themed posts, fashion, beauty and general madness about on my blog – I’d love to know what you think so give me a tweet (@Kayspray).

No comments :

Post a Comment