Sunday 22 September 2013

Going Sober for October



This October Macmillan Cancer Support are holding a particularly interesting scheme, urging people to go sober for October in aid of the charity, helping to raise money and support families going through a difficult time. This is something of a big deal to me, as my father suffered with cancer at a very young age as well as many other relatives, I read up more on the challenge.

As you can imagine it's relatively simple. Throughout the month of October you don't drink anything alcoholic and you get family and friends to sponsor you to do so. Sponsors can also buy you a "golden ticket", which allows you a drink (I have this turned off - I have the willpower and I will refuse all drinks!) if you become desperate. I'm certainly not the sort of person to turn down a good night out or a pint at the local with friends, this seems like the perfect way to me to attempt to raise more awareness and do my bit for Macmillan.

I know this may seem like a bit of a beg post, but you don't get anything if you don't ask. I'd really appreciate it if people could share this post or even head over to my page and sponsor me a few pence. You'll be doing an absolutely fantastic thing and you could potentially help a family in need. I'm not expecting to raise thousands or even hundreds of pounds but I'm just hoping to do a little bit!

No comments :

Post a Comment