Thursday 18 July 2013

The Liebster Award


A few days ago the lovely Laura from make-you-up tagged me in her post for the Liebster award! This is a way to discover new blogs with few followers that have great potential. The rules are as follows:
- Each nominee should answer the 11 questions by the tagger
- Choose 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to pass the award onto and link them in your post
- Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers
- Go to their page and tell them about their nomination
- No tag backs


My questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I'd been blogging for years, mostly just on Tumblr, but I decided, after spending many hours reading my favourite beauty blogs, that I'd start my own. I began as purely a beauty blog but then decided to branch out, change domain and here I am! No followers but absolutely loving it.

2. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one item of make-up with you, what would it be?
Benefit's "They're Real!" definitely! Mascara really picks my face up.

3. What is your favourite perfume?
Either NYC by Sarah Jessica Parker or CK One. Love forever.

4. What was your favourite subject at school?
Art probably!

5. What did you want to be when you were younger?
When I was really little I wanted to be a police MAN specifically. Policeman. That is so messed up.

6. If you had to choose one clothing store to shop at for the rest of your life, where would you choose?
ASOS cause they have so many brands too so I wouldn't be totally deprived!

7. Are you a cat or a dog kind of person?
Ohhh I don't know! I really love my cat but I loved my dog too, and me and my boyfriend constantly talk about getting a dog haha. I guess both but I'd like taking my dog on lovely, long, scenic walks.

8. What foundation could you not live without?
I still haven't found my life long dream foundation wise. I'm still searching for 'the one'!

9. What is your most used hair product?
Salt spray, especially in this weather! My hair is naturally curly so it really helps keep it frizz free but still looking beachy and beautiful, eliminating the need for heating products.

10. What is your most favourite item in your wardrobe at the moment?
I have this really lovely tan dress with swan silhouettes on it which I totally adore! However it is a little tight around the bust so I can't wear it just yet. 

11. What are your favourite blog posts to write and read about?
I've only really written beauty posts thus far but I really love writing about products I'm really passionate about. I sort of hate writing negative reviews but if it has to be done I buck up really well! I love reading about everything, even posts about people's day to day lives. I absolutely love reading Megan's blog over at The Briar Rose simply because she blogs about absolutely everything. 

I nominate:
Megan at emmiegee
Le Bibliotheque
Natalie at kewteepye
Katie at Subtle Coral
Another Megan at thisis-megan
Ellis at elbrx
Amy at amyjanealice
Megan the third at LilMissAverage
Natasha at adesignrookie
Charlotte at coloursandcarousels
Shannon at dimpletodimple


My questions are:

1. If you could have access to a celebrities makeup and wardrobe, whos would it be and why?
2. Which fashion designer, dead or alive, would you like to have dinner with and why?
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
4. What are your opinions on guest blogging?
5. Is there anything you'd like to do with/on your blog that you don't have the courage to do?
6. What is the most you have spent on fashion beauty products in a short space of time?
7. What 5 beauty and fashion products could you not live without?
8. Do you prefer drugstore or high end brands?
9. What is something you're really bad at in terms or beauty regimes?
10. What's the worst thing about blogging?
11. Have you ever met anyone through blogging that you'd really love to meet?


I really loved doing this post and I'm so glad I got the opportunity to take part! I know this isn't really an 'award' but it's such a great way to find new bloggers - I found a lovely couple that I've enjoyed reading from Laura's post!



No comments :

Post a Comment