Sunday 12 January 2014

Valentine's Day DIY Gift Idea


So it's that time of year again and as I missed out on most of the Christmas gift guide posts I figured I'd jump in and give all of you a helping hand with St Valentine's day. It's one of those days that you either love or hate - personally I'm pretty indifferent as my boyfriend and I don't tend to make a big deal of it but I can see why people like to get so into it. I've decided to knock up an idea that you can do with ease, especially if you're indecisive and always unsure as to what your special somebody will love.

Now, after Christmas you're bound to have a few pretty boxes or bags lying around and these are great to use to store all of the lovely bits you choose. I've decided to use this gorgeous box that stored a lovely Champneys gift set my fabulous mother in law (ish) got for me. It's the perfect size and I think using something similar really makes your gift look classy, almost like you've put a bit of thought into it. If you don't have anything like this already they're so easy to get hold of and pretty cheap - just check Clinton's and The Card Factory and I'm sure they'll have plenty to choose from.

Next is the hard part - deciding just what to include, as there is only so much space and quite possibly only so much budget. There is so much you can do. Places like Bomb Cosmetics, Lush Cosmetics and Yankee Candle are perfect if the person you're buying for loves a good pamper. Or, if your loved one loves American foods get yourself down to Mr Simm's and stock up! Buy small candles, bath bombs, miniature shower gels and bubble baths, chocolates, makeup palettes... you really can't go wrong with something like this. Create a hamper personalised to the individual as it's such a lovely, personal gift. Forget flowers and candlelit meals and try something a little different this year.

Just an FYI, this is no indication of what I've bought for my Secret Valentine this year. This is all stuff for me because I love me.

1 comment :