Sunday 5 January 2014

13 Favourite Beauty Products of 2013


After spotting a few people do posts like this one, I figured it was only polite to join in. I've rounded up bath products, brands, skincare and makeup that have really got me giddy!

BATH |
I Love Juicy Shampoo, Lush Cosmetics / Bomb Cosmetics
Yes, a very short and sweet section but important nonetheless. I Love Juicy is a gorgeous shampoo. Originally a fan of curly wurly I thought I'd venture out and I purchased the medium sized bottle, fell in love and went back for the large size in the sale. Usually in excess of £16 I got my hands on this for little more than £8 - bargain.
Second in this category is actually a brand I only recently tried after getting some exquisite Christmas gifts off a very good friend. You may have heard of Bomb Cosmetics. Cuter, smaller in company size and also cheaper, this may be my next love after Lush.  

SKINCARE |
Soap & Glory The Greatest Scrub of All / Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser / Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser
A little more packed out than the last category, I've really been trying to get on my skincare A game this year. To keep it short and sweet as these are products I've raved about before, The Greatest Scrub of All does wonders on my troublesome dry nose and this is something I work into my night time routine every 3-4 days. If you suffer with dry skin on the face this is something I seriously recommend. Origins GinZing is the new kid on the skincare block in my routine - the only moisturiser I've tried that doesn't break me out. Finally there is the Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser which costs barely a penny but is magic. Exfoliates and leaves the skin glowy and lovely and even comes with a free face cloth and you can never have too many of those.

MAKEUP | 
Clarins Instant Smooth Primer / Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation / NARS Creamy Concealer / The Body Shop Blusher / Anna Sui Perfect Mascara / Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen / MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Dangerous / Rimmel Apocalips in Galazy
The biggest and best till last, but again I should really keep this as short and sweet as humanly possible. Clarins Instant Smooth is the only primer I've loved throughout the entirety of this year despite trying out numerous others. Skin Base is perfect for me now that my skin is growing up a little - it's light and silky whilst also giving the perfect amount of buildable coverage. The NARS Creamy Concealer, one that everyone has been raving on about all year, is surprisingly another thing that made the cut. Brightening and really does the job. The Body Shop Blusher, the first bit of makeup I'd ever tried from them, is so beautiful. Pale and girly but it gives the perfect subtle glow any girl wants. The Anna Sui Perfect Mascara was gifted to me by the wonderful Dave Lackie and I haven't used anything else since. Supercat was another life changer for me - sick of getting eyeliner down my face I tried this out and never looked back. Last but certainly not least is lips. MAC Dangerous, the perfect orange-red is something I've been rocking throughout the colder months and Apocalips Galaxy is an easy to wear, deep purple that lasts forever and stains the lips all day. 

What were your favourite beauty bits from 2013?

1 comment :

  1. great post, love all the detail about the products :)

    alex // Cats and Vodka

    ReplyDelete