Tuesday 12 November 2013

CHRISTMAS | How To Plan Gift Buying


One of the most stressful things about Christmas is probably decided what to buy all of your family and friends, and even who it's acceptable to buy for. You'll be pleased to know that there isn't all that much to it! 

Make a list. Seems obvious, but hear me out. It can be stressful, especially when you're a little younger, figuring out who to buy for and what exactly, especially when you're short on pocket. What I've always done with my friends is pretty much agreed not to buy each other anything, just to avoid the stress! Another good idea would be to do a Secret Santa amongst your friends and set a price limit for that. Everyone's covered that way and I'm sure your other friends will appreciate the idea and the saving of money!

Set a budget. Perhaps a little harsh as I know it isn't about the money, but if you budget yourself you'll feel much better and have a figure to save or consider into your expenses. You could say you wanted to cover everyone with £200 for example, or set each person their own price limit. This again may seem unfair, but I always spend more on my boyfriend than anyone else and I think it's the same for everyone. I think once you get a little older that changes as you don't really need or request material things so much. 

Start early! This might seem odd considering how 'late' this post is coming in comparison but it may bode well to keep in mind for next year. I haven't bought everything by any means but I did start my Christmas shopping in September! You could also plan which presents to buy with which month's wage if you get paid monthly, that way it may not seem as daunting spending all that money at once!

12 comments :

  1. Such a lovely idea :)

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea.. I really need to be more christmas organised!!

    Nicola @ Cosmeticsmile-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In every other aspect of life I'm awful but when it comes to Christmas I'm ridiculously organised! There will be a post similar running every Tuesday, keep checking back for more cool Christmas ideas!

      xo

      Delete
  3. I must make a list and set myself a budget in order not to spend too much ;)

    lonelyblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that! The only person I really spend much money on is my boyfriend :)

      xo

      Delete
  4. Very helpful post, love Christmas posts before December!!!




    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gift buying does change like you somewhat mentioned when you get older. And while I have more disposable money, I actually focus less on the gifts and more on the time spent with people.

    Can't wait to see more of your Christmas posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all very great tips. i think i need to start planning what i'll be getting people!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am like you victoria I also started christmas shopping in september. I always get a slight panic if december starts and I am not half way their.

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. all of these are great tips and i'm so glad that i started early i feel so much more relaxed than normal when i leave it until the last minute! Though i still find some people so hard to buy for!

    ReplyDelete