Saturday 7 September 2013

Summer Hair Duo



As some of you may already know I have a lot of trouble with my hair (and my face, and my elbows...) and summer makes it particularly unruly. My hair is ultra thick, very curly and has a tendency to dry up very quickly and very easily - I pay all kinds of hell if I forget to use conditioner or run out of it. So, over the past couple of months I've been working hard, trying to find something that stops breakage and keeps my hair in order.

First up we have Lush Cosmetic's Curly Wurly Shampoo, designed for people just like me. This strengthens the hair and leaves it smelling absolutely delightful, despite the fact that it makes it absolutely rain coconut once you take the towel off your hair afterwards! I've been using this for quite a while and it honestly is worth every penny. I just follow this up with a cheap, miscellaneous conditioner most of the time. I haven't yet found one that makes my heart flutter!
Once I'm out of the bath or shower I towel dry my hair and pop a pea sized amount of Superdrug's Coconut Oil into the palm of my hand, rub my palms together and run it through the ends of my hair. This helps to dry my hair a little quicker and also does wonders for it - it's essentially a leave in conditioner but it's so natural and nourishing. There's something that feels really good about natural skin and hair care products.
Effortless, easy, minimal product, done. In the hotter months I really try to avoid heat products as best as I can and a lot of the time even avoid using my blowdryer. This keeps my hair soft without adding extra heat damage - the sun is more than enough! Do you have any holy grail products that just work for you?

2 comments :

  1. I love the Superdrug Coconut Oil - cant believe how cheap it is too! I have a nightmare getting mine out the pot though, so usually give it a blast with the hairdryer! ...once it gets colder I'll pop it near the radiator just before I jump in the shower!

    Jen xx
    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do too haha! I usually just literally claw it out. So good for the price!

      xo

      Delete